- 50,000 BTU propane burner
- Includes a regulator for hookup to 20 or 30 lb propane bottles
- All stainless steel construction
- Lift off panel for easy access to burner
- Requires 110v power source to power the thermostat
- Thermostatically controlled temperature (adjustable) set to 147 degrees Fahrenheit
24″ long x 24″ wide x 42″ high
To get a good scald, the birds need to be agitated in the hot water. With a manual scalder, you can do this any number of ways. Eli Reiff, the man behind Poultry Man, processed for years with a manual scalder. He’d use a wooden oar from a rowboat to stir the chickens. The Featherman dunker/shackle combination will also fit onto the Poultry Man manual scalder (based on customer reports).
If you can only afford to buy one piece of processing equipment, a scalder should be your first buy. Without a proper scald, plucking is a chore. A properly scalded chicken or turkey can easily be plucked by hand, especially if you are doing very small numbers.
Accurate shipping is calculated at checkout for continental U.S. addresses. If you know what you want, the process is easy, just add it to the cart and checkout. See the Equipment Shipping Notices for more information.