Per Pit Specs:
- 32″ wide by 36″ long
- Each pit holds 40 lbs of charcoal for first batch (add 20 lbs before second batch)
- Each pit is separated by steel divider, creating a self contained cooking pit
- Constructed of 14 gauge steel
- Stainless steel cooking grates with handles make for easy, safe flipping
- Grates lock to keep them in place for road travel
Cooking Capacity Per Pit:
- 40 pounds of leg/thigh combos
- 28-32 chicken halves
- 30 hamburgers
Tip: When you’re cooking chicken and the fat starts dripping on the fire and cracking, it’s time to flip the chicken. Total cooking time could range 1 to 1-1/3 hours.
Charcoal Lighting Tips
In the center of each pit, place 40 pounds of charcoal in a mound and light. Let it burn for 15 minutes, then use a shovel to level the briquettes out. Then cook.
Poultry Man charcoal pit trailers are manufactured to order and are typically ready for pickup within two weeks of your paid order.